At Studio Blue Creative, we are constantly working to stay up to date in the world of SEO. In order to keep our clients at the leading edge in SEO in Tennessee, we read dozens of articles daily.
I came across these simple rules for SEO in 2013, and thought I would share.
Rand Fishkin, CEO of SEOmoz, outlines five best practices for content marketers hoping to maximize SEO value in an ethical way.
- Create content that people will have an incentive to share.
- Do keyword research, so you don’t waste effort writing about things people don’t care about.
- Put all your content on the same domain/subdomain. (e.g. don’t use blog.mysite.com, use mysite.com/blog)
- Stand for something, and write about it. People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.
- Don’t separate your brand from your content. For instance, casino sites that make fascinating infographics about animal rights aren’t going to last long.
At the end of the day, good SEO is baked into good content. If you would like a free quote on your SEO needs, contact Studio Blue Creative.